If you're worried someone might see you have been on this page, find out how to cover your tracks online

Urgent Support 

Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger, or seriously injured, call 999.

Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If you are at the University you can call University Security 24/7 on 0121 414 4444 or go to your nearest University building and ask someone to phone Security for you. You use the SafeZone app to get assistance on campus or report an incident. The app will directly connect you to the appropriate safety team or first responder for that area, who will provide the assistance you need. 

If you would like to speak to someone immediately we would encourage you to contact a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC). The closest SARC to the University is Horizon which is a dedicated service offering expert support and advice to anyone who has been subjected to rape or sexual assault. If it happened recently they may offer you a Forensic Medical Examination, which will be carried out by a trained doctor or nurse, to check you are okay and to collect forensic evidence such as DNA from the person who assaulted you. You can also speak to a Crisis Worker who will listen to what has happened to you and explain how they can help and what options are available to you. A Crisis Worker can make onward referrals to Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs) and they can liaise with other agencies on your behalf, including the police, counselling and sexual health services. You can self-refer to Horizon by calling a 24/7 freephone number 0330 223 0099. To find out more about the services SARC’s offer and how they can help, you can watch the NHS video, 'Turn to us, we are here' You can find your local SARC by visiting the NHS website. 

University of Birmingham Support 

 We understand that it may be difficult to talk about what has happened but telling someone can really help. 
To access further support, submit a report with your contact details via Report and Support and an appropriate person will contact you. (For more information regarding what happens when you make a report, please click here)
If you are an employee of the University you can access support from the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)which provides a completely safe and confidential service where you can discuss your situation. Your problem will be listened to, you will be offered impartial advice and you can talk you through your options 

External Support 

Please find a list of external services that provide help and support. This list includes organisations that specialise in supporting men and LGBT+ people who have been subjected to sexual violence and domestic abuse. 
The Rape and Sexual Violence Project (RSVP) offer a wide range of services to people who have been subjected to sexual violence and abuse. Their services include counselling and offers support through an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA), who offer practical and emotional support, ensuring that your views, opinions, wishes and feelings are respected, and listened to by all agencies and people involved.
GINA - provide immediate, paid for counselling services, with counsellors who are specialists in the field of sexual violence & abuse. you can access our counselling services at the time when you request support, to quickly meet your needs, offered in a way that suits you. There is no waiting list. 
The Survivor’s Trust is the largest umbrella agency for the specialist rape and sexual abuse services in the UK.

Victim Support is an independent charity that help people affected by crime and traumatic events. They are not part of the police or any other criminal justice agency. You can contact them on 0808 168 9111.
National Women’s Aid (Domestic abuse) provide information and support and also refuge support for people fleeing domestic abuse.
Black Country Women’s Aid & Birmingham Women’s Aid – support individuals subjected to domestic abuse and exploitation to escape violence, cope with trauma and rebuild their lives.  
Umbrella (Sexual health support) is an organisation which offers various services relating to sexual health, for example, self-sampling STI kits that can be ordered online. The national sexual health helpline number is 0800 567 123 and it is free to call. For more information please visit the NHS's 'Where can I get sexual health advice, now?' webpage.
Birmingham LGBT offers a range of services focused on improving the health and wellbeing of individuals, including sexual health support, LGBT Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) and wellbeing support services. 
GALOP supports all LGBT+ people who’ve experienced hate crime, domestic abuse or sexual violence. 
Dedicated support for men can be provided by SurvivorsUK who offer a range of support services, including counselling, therapy appointments and online chat. The organisation was established as a service for male survivors, however they are an inclusive service and welcome anyone who identifies as male, trans, non-binary, has identified as male in the past, or anyone who feels that we are the right fit for them.
Safeline has a national male helpline and online support for men affected by rape or sexual abuse. 
The Waiting Room is a directory of health and wellbeing services across Birmingham and Solihull.

Reporting Options 

Reporting to the Police
If you feel it is not an emergency you can still report the incident to the police by calling 101 or by using the West Midlands Police Live Chat or find your local police force. An officer will take some details and should issue you with a crime reference number. There are specially trained staff and units within Police forces that can support you through the reporting process. Find out more about your options for reporting sexual violence to the police. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened