Internal Support

Student Disability Service (SDS) can arrange study and course related reasonable adjustments and additional academic related support for both undergraduate and postgraduate students with a disability, including long-term mental or physical health conditions and autistic spectrum conditions.

External Support 

Please don't feel limited by the external services listed below. If you feel that you cannot find an appropriate support service on our support pages then you can speak to a responder. Our team of trained responder can offer you tailored support which includes identifying appropriate avenues of support.

Hate and Discrimination Support

Disability Rights UK is the leading charity of its kind in the UK, run by and for people with experience of disability or health conditions. They can offer advice and information on disability hate crime.

Scope are a disability equality charity. They provide information on how to recognise and report disability hate crime as well as support options for victims.

Mencap are a registered charity who support people with learning disabilities. They offer guidance on how to identify hate as well as 'mate' crime and advice on how to report this. 

Wellbeing Support

Sign Health are a registered charity who focus on supporting Deaf people’s health and wellbeing. They offer a range of support services including access to psychological therapy.

Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB) are committed to helping blind and partially sighted people. They offer a range of wellbeing support avenues.

Living Autism provide supportive information, advice, and resources relating to Autism. They also provide information on support groups across the the whole of the UK. 

If you believe that any of these support services listed above should not be promoted or you have a suggestion for any additional support services, please do let us know by emailing the team at 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened